Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good News

My brother had an appointment with his radiologist yesterday & I got the update from my mom this morning. The good news is that the only thing detected on the CT scan from last week is only PEA sized & the dr. said that it could even possibly be just scar tissue.
They are still going to do preventative radiation, of course, to be safe rather than sorry -- we certainly don't want this stuff to come back!
He has to do 20 treatments that will be 5 days a week for 4 weeks & will be starting that on the 25th of this month.
So, thats the update for now...what a ride the last 8 months has been for our family & we're very excited that there seems to be a proverbial light at the end of the tunnel!
Here's a pic of Jeff & me when I went down to Virginia in the Spring. Hopefully I'll get the chance soon to post a few pics from dad, mom & Jeff's summer visit out here to Kansas!
:-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn, I'm happy to have found your blog.
I had no idea that your brother is battling Hodgkins. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll definitely keep him and the rest of your family in my prayers.

Queen of the Castle said...

i'm glad you found me too! ;-) (or that i found you...haha) thanks for keeping us in your prayers...we really appreciate it! :-)

Danny,Liz,Becca,Ben, Abby and Caleb said...

Good to hear that things are going better with your brother! It is very hard for a family to deal with cancer. We just lost my grandmother in June to cancer. We know that she is with Jesus but we still miss her.
I saw you found our blog..we just started it! You are welcome to visit often! ;o)

brandilouwho said...

I just found your blog (even though you have posted on mine before...I'm a little slow!) I'm glad to hear about Jeff. You have all been in my prayers.

Maggie said...

I am so glad to hear your brother is doing better and prognosis looks good. God is good!

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.