Thursday, October 2, 2008

better late than never...

HAPPY __th BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!! ;-)
Saturday the 27th was my dear mother's birthday. However, since I was on vacation, (& we don't yet have a laptop to take with us all over creation) I failed to get this posted until now. I know, I know...I should've done this on Sunday as soon as I got home...but I didn't...so here it is now! :-)
My mom is truly one of my best friends & I wish we lived closer so that I could see her more often. (Hopefully someday!) ;-) For now daily phone calls every morning on my way to work will have to suffice. I have to say that she is the best mom in the whole wide world & I don't know what I would do with out her. I only hope that I can be as good of a mom someday that she has been to me...& I'm sure that she hopes that I start that soon, so she can start being the best nana ever...hahaha! I realize how completely blessed I've been to have such a wonderful example & appreciate her more & more with each passing year. I think that this poem that I found expresses it much better than my words ever could...
My Mother's love
believes in me,
laughs with me,
helps me cope.
My Mother's love
advises me,
inspires me
to dream, to hope.
My Mother's love
has touched my life
in ways I can't begin
to say.
My Mother's love
is still a gift
I treasure
every single day.
Mom, I hope your day was wonderful & that you have many many more years to come ~ you're the bestest in the westest!!! ;-) I love you ever so much & miss you bunches. XXOO

1 comment:

brandilouwho said...

That was a sweet post! Tell your mom I said hi and Happy Birthday!!!!